Thursday, July 22, 2010

THOUGHTFUL Thursday

As you already know by now, I am getting old. Youth seems SO young to me now and my elders so much less elderly these days. I have recently had the privilege of attending two bridal showers for my soon to be daughter in law. At these showers I have been surrounded by young Christian women that have been a total inspiration. I was humbled and delighted by the interaction of these young women.

I tried to remember who I was at their various ages and I didn't compare favorably with any of them. There is so much talk about how our society and young people are deteriorating and I know it is true in many circles. I feel for directionless unmotivated youth. I am astonished sometimes at what depths young people will stoop to today. But this week, I was thrilled to watch and listen to young women who have inner strength, direction, sincerity and self control. I am pleased to be accepted into their circle and thankful to be able to see the direction that their lives are headed.

You girls know who you are. Thank you for being such good examples for all of us. Thanks for being good friends, sisters, mothers and daughters. I am very thankful for you.

Mommy 1

2 comments:

Donna said...

I so understand your feelings. I've had two weddings for my children in the last five years. My 19yr. old has a special friend too. I'm so glad my daughter-in-laws are miles further down the road than I was at their age.

God is good!
Donna@Comin' Home
www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

DarcyLee said...

What a lovely tribute to the younger generation! They certainly need our encouragement these days and too many times we look at the negative. Thanks so much for posting this.