Monday, June 21, 2010

What Happens When We Forget Things...

So...
 a   couple   of    weeks   ago
I   needed   to   bake   some  cookies.....
for  a  church   potluck  and  to send
on  the church  bus   that   picks up
children   for   Sunday School.
  I  wanted   to use  a  chocolate chip recipe...
not just your usual one...
but one where one of the ingredients is:
INSTANT  pudding.
Me...being forgetful  person that I am...
forgot the pudding and chocolate chips
while out on that Saturday afternoon.
TechoGuy was home and was headed into town...
so I asked him if  could pick up these 2  items for me...
He said: Ya, sure.
I wrote down the  2 items: chocolate chips and instant vanilla pudding...
I said: make SURE the pudding is INSTANT.
Hours later....
TechoGuy  returns with my items...
I look in the bag and remove them....
Chocolate chips...Check
Pudding....looking carefully at the box...it reads:  COOK and Serve....
WHAT !!!
Running to find TechnoGuy (who is outside)...
I say...you got the wrong kind of pudding...
He says..."well Mom  its the only kind I could find"...
I am now panicking...
cause I have cookies to bake and its 9:30 on a Saturday night!
So....me being upset....
now I know most of you never do this....
but I race to my van, jump in and head to the store myself !
(I even forgot my cell phone ).
I get to the store....walk in....
past the long stemmed flowers and potted plants....
looking and stiffing as I go by...
but wait...there is one of my favorite kinds of flowers...
carnations....potted ones...the spicy smelling purple ones...
then thinking to myself....I came to get INSTANT pudding...
so off I go to get that pudding,
then returning to the plants,
I grab up the lovely smelling carnation plant...
Off the the checkout,
then home.
I walk in the house carrying my wonderful new plant.
My nine year old is standing there...
I ask him where his Dad is...
My son then says...are the flowers for Dad....I laugh a little then head off to the kitchen.
You see my dear husband had been a little grumpy earlier...
So....now present time:
I now tell my husband that I did buy the flowers for him...
BTW...
that night I was up until 11:30 baking cookies.
If anyone wants the recipe I will share that later.
Here is a picture of my lovely flowers....
still blooming and smelling very good.

Love to All,
Mommy 2


2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Well covered!!! Beautiful flowers -- and yes, ma'am, the recipe, please?

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 c. butter,softened
1/4c. white sugar
3/4c. packed brown sugar
1 pkg (4 serving size)INSTANT pudding (chocolate or vanilla)
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts,optional
Combine ingredients(batter will be stiff).
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 min.
Makes about 7 dozen