Friday, February 17, 2012

Fighting the Dish Monster

So...
Today....I was thinking....
(Yes... I do think a little now and then)
I was thinking deep thoughts...
Like...
why I do not like doing dishes.
I know...everyone loves having clean dishes...
and an empty sink...
because it is nice to take clean ones out of the cupboard...
instead of washing what you need.
This is why I do not "like to wash" dishes....
Its goes back to my childhood
(imagine that)
I remember after supper...
it was my turn to wash dishes...
(seems like it was always my turn)
Anyway...
I am standing at the sink washing dishes
(we did not have a dish washing machine)
 and looking out the kitchen window...
This is what I saw:
EVERY neighboorhood child
playing in my backyard...including my brother.
While I am washing the (neverending) pile of dishes.
I don't recall getting to go out to play after I was done with the dishes...
it was probably dark by then.
SO....
That is my story
(from probably an 8 year old viewpoint)
BTW...
I think I have somewhat of a handle on the dish situation now,
and I am not bitter at my parents for "making" me wash dishes.
I do not think about it most days...
stock photo : A woman wearing dish washing gloves and an apron contemplates doing the dishes.
just when we have had a BIG meal and lots of dishes
So...
If you come over...feel free to wash a dish or two...
if you want to.
(♥Thanks...Heather♥)
What is your story about washing dishes?
Take care
and
 have a
Fantastic Friday,
Nancy



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have to do too many dishes except if my mom left the house and told my brothers to do dishes! One time they got a knife out and made me do all the dishes while they sat on the counters taking up space and breathing valuable air. I don't think they would have used the knife but it got me doing dishes!

The thing that made me feel like you did doing dishes while everyone played, was delivering news papers. Every afternoon for a couple of years, my brothers delivered afternoon papers. I hated driving out of my neighborhood to throw papers and get a one armed tan while all the other kids were playing.

I am not bitter against my brothers either, they can't help being stupid...and shooting at me with a BB gun, and spray painting my new pink bike black, and stealing my candy, and blackmailing me, and carrying me around by my ponytail until I was 8 years old, and setting the living room on fire with me in it, and, and, and, :) Of course, I was a gentle hearted, innocent little thing who never did anything to them ; )

I do not want to deliver newspapers for a living though. It is hard work.
Love ya!
Lawana

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Ok....Lawana...You will "have to" do guest posts and write a book...some day soon! I could listen to your life stories over and over! 8~)
Love ya

Unknown said...

I remember when I was younger I seemed to always get stuck doing dishes and I never really saw my brothers do dishes...why was that...? Well I think my parents where trying to prepare me in the life of a wife and mother... lol I experienced about the sameso its funny! but hey I am glad cause no I'm a pro haha jk!