Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wall Art at Bargin Prices

I am in a decorating mood....
this usually happens when...
 I get my home decorating magazines in the mail....
sometimes they come all at once
(usually around the middle of the month)
I read mostly look at the pictures for ideas...
I have learned over the years that you can "shop at home"....
meaning....
look around and see if you can "change things up a bit"...
by using the decorating items that you currently have.
Look at and for things you wouldn't usually use...
when I get creative...there are all kinds of possibilities.
(Sure is handy when you don't have any cash)
And many of the blogs I follow have wonderful ideas.
BUT....
If you do have a little cash on hand....
going to thrift stores can be fun.
My usual spending is around $5.00 or less per trip
(unless my children are with me....they see alot to buy)
Ok....so imagine this wall with nothing on it
(boring wood paneling)
It was like that for many, many years...
I just could not decide what to put on it...I guess.
As of yesterday all of the above is there....
I   AM   LOVING   IT!
I call it my Lavender wall...since thats what it mostly has.
I  bought the little wooden shelf for $2 on Monday
(it was even the right color)
The rest of the things I had.
So...just look around and see what you have...
And get creative.
I am off to see what else I can do to redecorate.
See you soon....take care,
Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to help you put up that shelf that you bought at the thrift store was it?
It's not really me who likes to buy stuff . . . . its Chasity, I can pull myself away from things if i really need to. But Chasity . . . . that's a whole different story :)

Love Ya!
KayleeBeth

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Love it. I love re-finding and re-using stuff from around my house in a new way. I especially love unpacking old boxes of stuff and falling in love with old frames, pictures and decor all over again. Fun times!